Healthcare Information Technology is a big deal! Healthcare organizations are adopting new technologies to better analyze healthcare data, to improve patient care, and to provide patients with the health information they need. This all needs people who have the skills to pull it off; and here is where you can begin to build those skills.
- Social Media Tips For Healthcare ITCan social media really help you get a job in healthcare technology? You bet! Pick up some tips here for your healthcare IT job search.
- Ultimate Guide To Launching A New Health IT DepartmentWhat needs to happen when a new department comes on board in a healthcare organization? The ultimate guide to launching a new Health IT department.
- What Is A Bidirectional Interface?What is a bidirectional interface? Explains the concept using the example of an immunization registry, labs, and medication dispenses.
- From A Hospital Department To ITIf you want to get into Healthcare IT, a clear path may be to move from another hospital department into IT...
- What Is A Legacy System?What is a Legacy System and why should you care? This can be your first break into healthcare IT.
Healthcare IT From The Ground Up
HealthcareITSkills.com was launched to help people begin or advance careers in Healthcare Information Technology. It is mainly focused on the needs of those who are not in upper management. There are plenty of Healthcare IT sites targeted toward executives, but not so many that help you understand the nuts & bolts- the foundational skills that are hard to grasp if you’re not already in the Health Information Technology sector. A good place to look first is the Start Here page, where you can find a few Healthcare IT statistics, learn where the best jobs are, and learn how a hospital IT department is structured. If you lack technical skills, you can check out the Technical Skills Category for posts that will give you a good start.